From holiday celebrations to cultural festivals to sidewalk chalk art, Savannah is full of events in April. Here are a few of our favorites.
Celebrate Easter in Our Historic City
Many locations will be offering special Easter brunch and dinner options for the holiday. Check out a few of our favorites:
- Brunch or dinner cruises on the Savannah Riverboat. (savannahriverboat.com/seasonal-cruises/) Brunch includes an appearance by the Easter Bunny and an Easter Egg Hunt for children. The dinner option includes a buffet on the 2-hour cruise as you view the sights and sounds of Historic Savannah.
- The Pirates’ House (www.thepirateshouse.com/) hosts an elaborate Southern buffet on Easter Sunday.
- Dine along the waterfront at the Chart House. Reservations are recommended (www.chart-house.com/landing-page/easter.asp)
Savannah Asian Cultural Festival (www.armstrong.edu/about/savannah-asian-cultural-festival)
- The 21st Annual event is one of the South’s largest festivals featuring Asian culture, cuisine, and live performances.
- Attendees can view a Tae Kwon Do exhibition, feel the power of the Matsuriza Taiko Drummers, and see the beauty of dances from Thailand.
- Showing true Savannah hospitality, all events are free!
- The festival will be held on the Armstrong State University campus on April 21 and 22.
Nick Cave: Soundsuits and Tondos (www.telfair.org/nickcave/)
- Don’t miss your last chance to see the largest display of Cave’s work ever to be displayed in Georgia.
- The exhibition will be on display at the Jepson Center for the Arts until April 23.
Savannah Orchid Show (coastalgeorgiabg.org/events.html)
- You don’t have to buy flowers for your loved one to show your adoration. Instead, you can take a romantic getaway to see flowers in bloom.
- Hundreds of orchids will be on display and judged for form, color, and perfection.
- The show will be held in the Andrews Visitor Center April, 28, 29, and 30.
SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival (www.scad.edu/sidewalkarts2017)
- It is truly amazing what some people can do with a simple box of chalk. Forsyth Park is covered in chalk masterpieces on April 29.
- Judging begins at 1pm with winners announced at 4pm. Come early to see the works in progress as students and alumni compete for cash prizes.
- Guests at our bed and breakfast don’t have to worry about parking because Forsyth Park is only a half-a-block away.
Tybee Island Kite Festival (tybeeisland.com/events/event/tybee-island-kite-festival-2017/)
- One of the best deals around: $10 buys a bowl of gumbo and a kite to fly.
- 2017 is the 6th year for the family-friendly festival.
- Fly a kite or just marvel at the colors in the sky.
Looking ahead to May:
Of course, April isn’t the only month with exciting events.
- Plan ahead for the Tybee Island Beach Bum Parade on Friday, May 19. The free event is the wettest parade you’ll ever experience. (tybeeisland.com/things-to-do/surviving-beach-bum-parade/) Be sure to click on the link for tips on participating in the fun.
- Celebrate Mom by getting her a gift certificate for a weekend at the inn (or offer to travel with her).